|Version 6 (modified by MayankSingh, 21 months ago) (diff)|
We generally treat the Mercurial repositories for PySoy as wikis - fairly easy to get to, but we do want to keep it tidy. Toward that end, first commit should be done to the mailing list to ensure the metadata is correct. Mercurial makes this really simple, edit your ~/.hgrc file with your name, email address, and SMTP password. Note that if you use GMail, you'll need to create an application-specific password.
Some points to remember:
- DON'T COMMIT without first setting up your .hgrc file.
- DON'T FORGET to "hg pull -u" (Update your working copy with latest changes) before committing.
- It would be a good idea to commit only once when your work for the task is done.
- ~ is your home directory in linux. To view .hgrc in nautilus(File browser), first show hidden files and then you can edit your .hgrc file or you could just do a "gedit ~/.hgrc" or "vim ~/.hgrc" on a terminal. If you couldn't find an already existing .hgrc file, DON'T panic. Just create a file with name .hgrc in your home directory using gedit or some text editor or you could do a "vim ~/.hgrc" or "gedit ~/.hgrc". The format for the .hgrc file is as follows. Obviously, don't forget to save.
[ui] username = Arc Riley <firstname.lastname@example.org> merge = hgdiff3 [email] from = Arc Riley <email@example.com> to = firstname.lastname@example.org [smtp] host = smtp.gmail.com port = 587 tls = starttls username = email@example.com password = smtp_password [extensions] color = patchbomb =
After you add this, which notably ensures your username (full name and email) are recorded so you get proper credit for your work, commit your work (potentially more than one commit) and run this using the revision of the first commit in the series:
> hg email 99999
If you didn't catch the revision number when you committed, use hg log | less to find the first one you made. Replace 99999 above with the number before the colon.
You won't be able see whether your mail was sent unless you are subscribed to the mailing list. It WON'T appear on the gci site.
Subscribe to the mailing list here to check whether your mail was actually sent. Please prevent multiple mails for the same patch.
- aqua.jpg (9.6 KB) - added by debrasantorini 11 months ago.
(6.1 KB) -
added by debrasantorini 11 months ago.
Now your little son can give you his input on likes and dislikes as you find yourself searching for toddler martha stewart bed in a bag. Make a list of a few themes of interest and day by day discuss them with him: he may like the idea of echo bedding sets, or a scenario with images of cowboys on brightly colored horses and sheriff's stars may bring out his inherent instincts. Is your son interested in grey and yellow bedding, dogs, cats or jungles?